Since our name is Happy Day Pre-K what could be more fitting for day one than a Happy Day sunshine with our theme song printed on the back?
Materials: (One for each student unless noted.)
- yellow plates
- yellow and orange rectangles of various sizes with a diagonal line drawn from long corner to corner. (Great way to assess student cutting skills on day one.)
- Dot stickers for "cheeks"
- Black sharpie
- Theme song printed and pre-cut
- Ribbon or string for hanger
- Name label (I pre-print name labels on blank address labels for most crafts and just stick them on the back while the kids are working)
Comments: This was not the best craft to start with Day One because it involved cutting AND gluing, both of which can be tricky with the Pre-K set. I think I would cut out the gluing next time and have the kids stick the triangles on an already applied adhesive such as roller tape. I would also have more pre-cut triangles for those kids who took 10 minutes to cut one set.:) Also, it may have helped to have the triangles a bit shorter so that they would fit on the tables as the kids worked side-by-side a bit better.